Living Single

I have a few years under my belt as member of the Single Life Gang. Sad to say, it took me awhile to fully embrace my singleness but I must say it has its perks. Freedom to do what you want when you want, enjoying being selfish with my time, the fun of dating and meeting new people, and finding your likes and dislikes in an ideal companion. You know, the things you’re supposed to do in your 20’s.

giphy

Honestly, the dating scene is fun but it gets boring. As often as women are approached, it’s hard to decipher who is truly interested from the ones who want to see “if they still got it“. (Yep! A guy friend of mine spilled the beans so I’m on to them) Finding those guys who takes the effort to pursue you is a lost technique these days but there are a some out there; I’ve encountered my few. Nice guys, fun dates, great convo – you know.. some of the basics to catch your attention but something about it just didn’t click. Which isn’t an issue to me because I know everyone can’t be a fit. The trial and error of it all gets monotonous, you know?

I’m getting to the point where I am becoming more and more selfish with my time. At half-way to 27, I require a lot more out of a future relationship. Like patience, understanding, balance, growth and a lot of maturity. Which I will get because I’m a beautiful successful woman who deserves it and won’t waste my time on half-stepping. *two snaps*

I said what I said

However, I must say now that I’ve finally embraced it, I’m enjoying the single life! I’ve learned a lot about who I am, as I patiently wait for that lucky guy to be strategically placed in my path. I had some good experiences along the way. Some memories to hold on to and some stories to tell in the future. I’m growing a lot through my single years and falling more in love with myself everyday. The journey is exciting and I’m loving having a front seat view..

Webp.net-gifmaker.gif

10 thoughts on “Living Single

1. madisenenglish says:

I love this post. I’ve been single for the past 3 years and I don’t even know if I could be in a relationship anymore because I enjoy being to myself lol. But it’s great that you took your singleness and made it a positive — getting to know more about yourself. Loving yourself should be priority. If you love yourself and know your worth, you’ll know which man deserves your attention.

Liked by 1 person

• Polish My Crown says:

Yes ma’am! I’ve been single for 4 years and only embraced the last two. I’m enjoying it so much that I feel the same, will I be able to be in a relationship again? Enjoying your time alone is dangerous lol. Thank you for reading!

2. Debrael Ham says:

I have been single for the past 5 years now and I can honestly say I have been enjoying it. The freedom we have is everything and more. But us women know what we will and will not accept and don’t allow ourselves to be pressured or feel guilty about it. We must love ourselves first before we can let a man step into our life and best believe he better come correct when he do!!! Oooookkkkaaayyyy Until then we gone enjoy this single life
    So proud of you Bestie 😘😘😘😘

Liked by 1 person

3. mackthemaverick says:

I spent the strong majority of my 20s not in a relationship. Looking back, my favorite years are the ones where I didn’t date at all. I’ve always thought that if I don’t enjoy my own company, why would someone else? And someone else’s company has to beat kicking it solo to be worth my time. I learned a lot about myself that prepared me for my current relationship (that is marriage bound). Keep doing what you are doing.

Liked by 1 person

• Polish My Crown says:

Yes marriage bound!!!!!! I’m rooting for you, love! I’m just patiently waiting for my time to come. Like you said your company has to top me being alone. Thank you for reading 💜